You have a choice of:
- Selected pictures
- Custom image
- Blurring your background
Before or during a meeting, any one of the three options can be changed. For each of them, we'll go over every step of the setup procedure.
Note: PC and Mac client applications can currently use background effects. On iOS devices, background blur is also supported.
How do I set a background image for a Microsoft Teams meeting before it begins?
- If you are hosting, select the Meet Now option or the meeting link.
- Toggle the button to the on position to make sure your camera is on.
- On the menu to the right of the camera icon, select Background filters.
- Select a background by clicking on one of the images from the library, or choose Blur to make your surroundings blurry.
- Click Add new at the library's top to add a custom image.
- Click Join now once you've selected your image.
Note: Microsoft advises using images with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Additionally, confirm that the file extension of your image is.JPG,.PNG, or.BMP.
How do I change the meeting background in Microsoft Teams?
- Apply background effects can be found by selecting More actions from the meeting controls.
- The previous step's image library will once again be visible.
- The Preview option is the only distinction; it allows you to see how your background will appear before you change it.
- After choosing or uploading an image, Click Preview.
- A preview of your background will be visible below the photo gallery. It won't be visible to other participants until you confirm your selection.
- When you're satisfied with your image, click Apply and activate the video.
Your background is now complete.
Where can I find free and best background images for Microsoft Teams?
Teams' gallery contains a sizable number of pictures. You might want to try something different, though, and show the surface of Mars or a scene from your favourite movie. In that case, a cost-free copyright-free background image is available for download. Start your search by clicking on one of the links below:
- Microsoft Teams's personal, customised background gallery
- Bing Background Unsplash