If you want to unveil great productivity out of your Outlook account, you need to learn how to edit a contact or people's view. It means that you need to learn how to customize the people or contacts view in Outlook.
Procedure to Customize the People or Contacts View
- Open Outlook web.
- Choose the People icon.
- Click on the Contact List or Contact option that you want to customize or change.
- Now, click on the Edit option.
- Do desired changes that you want.
- Click on Select.
- You are done.
How to Change the People's View in Outlook
- Go to Outlook Contacts.
- Choose View Tab.
- Choose the Change View option.
- Click on List.
- Once you see your contacts, you need to click on the View Settings option.
- Click on Columns.
- You will see a pop-up window.
- You must highlight all the given options except phone number, email address, and full name.
- Choose Remove.
- Now, click on the OK option.
How to Use List Views
If you want to access List Views in outlook, you need to click on the View tab option, and then click on the Change View option.
You can now see your calendar in a list option. You can easily sort it by choosing a column. Here, you need to remember that you can certainly use the available group by the given feature option so that you can make group appointments.
How to Use Sort List Views in Outlook
- Choose the text either in a numbered list or one-level bulleted.
- Click on the Format option, then choose Text, and click on Sort.
- By using the Sort Text option, you can easily set sort as Text or Paragraphs.
- Now, you need to choose to descend or ascending option.
- Click on OK.
How to Customize the Workspace from the View Tab
- Go to View.
- Choose Current View
- Click on Change View
- Click on Manage View, and then choose New.
- Type a name for the “New View”.
- Choose default settings.
- Click on OK.
Sort and Group Items
- Click on View Menu.
- Click Custom.
- Choose Group.
- Click on a field.
- Choose to descend or ascend.
Understand the Arrangement Group
An Arrangement Group is defined as a combination of specific groups as well as sorted messages that can be viewed in the table view.
If you use Outlook 2003, you can easily use the Date arrangement option.
How to Add Columns to a List View
- Go to view Tab.
- Click on Current View.
- Choose View Settings.
- Open Advanced Settings.
- Open the Show Columns box.
- You will find column names, lists, and other things.
- Click on Add option.
- Choose OK.
How to Find People and Contacts
If you want to find People and Contacts in Outlook, you need to unveil the Search Box. You can navigate it in the Outlook folder.
If you are going to compose a new meeting or message, you can use the search box or people pane option to find contacts or people in outlook.